Online Admission Facility will be available from 30-07-2019
Applications from Pakistani/Foreign Nationals are invited for admission to MPhil Programme of the University in the following disciplines latest by 09-08-2019
Faculty of Biological Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Animal Sciences||Endocrinology, Reproductive Physiology, Physiology, Parasitology, Fisheries and Aqua Culture, Human Genetics, Wildlife Ecology, Animal Microbiology, Molecular Biology.||MSc/BS Hons (4-years) in Zoology/ Animal Biochemistry/ Animal Biotechnology/ Environmental Sciences with Zoology or its equivalent degree from HEC recognized university. MBBS/DVM are also eligible.|
|2.||Biochemistry||Biochemistry, Molecular Plant Breeding, Enzymology, Pharmacology, Clinical Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Molecular Genetics, Immunochemistry, Stem Cell Biology.||MSc Biochemistry, BS/BSc Hons./ Agriculture (4 years) or its equivalent degree from HEC recognized university, MBBS / DVM / Pharm-D are also eligible. Note: BSc (Hons) degree holder in Medical Laboratory Technology are ineligible.|
|3.||Bioinformatics||Comparative Genomics, Structural Proteomics, Software Development, Functional Genomics, Molecular Modeling, QM simulation, protein-protein interaction.||MSc/BS Hons (4-years), Molecular Biology, Animal Sciences, Plant Sciences, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Pharmacy or any other filed in Biology, Computer Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Biotechnology||(1) Medical Genetics (2) Plant Cell Culture (3) Molecular Virology (4) Nanobiotechnology||MSc/ BS/BSc Hons (4 years) degree or its equivalent in any field of Biological Sciences/ Agriculture from HEC recognized University, MBBS/DVM/Pharm-D are also eligible.|
|5.||Environmental Sciences||(1) Environmental Biology, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Health. (2) Environmental Geochemistry, Hydrology, Environmental Geology.
(3) Environmental Biotechnology, Molecular Plant Biology. (4) Environmental Remediation, Environmental Microbiology & Biodegradation.
(5) Chemical Stress Ecology, Environmental Risk Analysis, Aquatic-Ecotoxicology. (6) Clean Energy Production Technologies, Environmental Nanotechnology, Waste Water Treatment.
(7) Environmental Waste Management, Reuse and Recycling of Waster Materials, Remediation and Revitalization of abandoned Soils.
|MSc degree or its equivalent in Biological/ Chemical/ Environmental Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Microbiology||Applied, Environmental, Medical, Soil, Industrial, Molecular, Food, Immunology and Veterinary Microbiology, virology.||MSc Microbiology, BS/BSc Hons. (4 years) in relevant field/Agriculture or its equivalent degree from HEC recognized university, MBBS/ DVM/Pharm-D are also eligible.|
|7.||Plant Sciences||Plant Physiology, Genetics, Plant Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Plant-Microbe interaction, Molecular Plant Pathology, Plant Systematics and Biodiversity, Plant Ecology & Conservation, Plant Biology, Plant Proteomics, Fungal Biology.||MSc Botany, MSc Biology, MSc Biochemistry, BS/BSc Hons (4 years) Agriculture or its equivalent degree, Pharm-D from HEC recognized university.|
|8.||Pharmacy||(1) Pharmaceutics (2) Pharmacy Practice (3) Pharmacology (4) Pharmaceutical Chemistry 5) Pharmacognosy||Pharm-D/B-Pharm (4 years).|
Faculty of Natural Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Chemistry||Inorganic/ Analytical Chemistry: Organometallic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry, Organic/ Inorganic Materials, Bio-inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry.
Organic Chemistry: Organic Synthesis, Natural Products, Reaction Mechanism, Heterocyclic Compounds, Photochemistry, Organic Polymers.
Physical Chemistry:: Material Sciences, Surface and Solid State Chemistry, Molecular Spectroscopy, (Radiation Chemistry, Electro-Chemistry), Chemical Kinetics, Polymer Chemistry, Solution Chemistry, Nano Technology, Colloids and Surfactants.
|MSc degree in Chemistry or its equivalent with specialization in Inorganic/Analytical or Organic or Physical Chemistry from HEC recognized university.|
|2.||Computer Science||Computer Sciences||MSc/ BS (4 years) in CS/SE/IT from HEC recognized university.|
|3.||Earth Sciences||Geophysics, Seismology, Geology, Hydrogeology||MSc/BS (4 years) degree or its equivalent in Geophysics/ Hydrogeology / Geology/Seismology from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Electronics||Wave Propagation and Scattering, Complex Media, High-Frequency Electromagnetic, Metamaterials, Information Theory, Communications and Signal Processing, Coding Theory, Image Processing, Embedded Systems, Microelectronics.||MSc/BS degree in Electronics/ Physics/ Computer Science/ Mathematics/ Information Technology or BS Electronic/ Electrical/Computer Engineering/ Telecommunications from HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Mathematics||Applied and Pure Mathematics.||MSc/ BS (4 years) in Mathematics/Physics or its equivalent degree from HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Physics||Atomic and Molecular Physics, Semiconductor Physics, Plasma Physics, Magnetism and Nanomaterials, High-Tc Super Conductivity, Laser Physics, High Energy Physics and Cosmology, Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Optics/Quantum Information Theory, Computational Physics.||MSc/BS (4 years) in Physics or its equivalent degree from HEC recognized university.|
|7.||Statistics||Applied/Mathematical Statistics.||MSc/BS (4 years) in Statistics or its equivalent degree from HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Social Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Anthropology||Cultural Change and Development, Ethnographic Studies, Cultural Diversity and Integration.||MA/MSc/BS (4-years) degree or its equivalent in Anthropology/Gender Studies/Behavioral Sciences/ Social Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|2.||American Studies||American History, American Politics and Government, US Foreign Policy, US Literature, Latin American Politics.||MA/MSc/BS (4-years) degree or its equivalent in American Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Defence & Strategic Studies, History, Pakistan Studies, Mass Communication, English Literature, Anthropology, Sociology, Peace Studies & Economics from HEC recognized university.|
|3.||Asian Studies||Archaeology, History, Comparative Civilizations, Comparative Religions, Languages and Linguistics (Ancient).||MA/MSc degree or its equivalent in Archaeology, Anthropology, History, Comparative Civilizations (Ancient) Comparative Religions, Languages and Linguistics (Ancient), Fine Arts from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Defence & Strategic Studies||International Security, South Asia, Global Political Economy, Arms Control and Proliferation Issues.||MA/MSc degree or its equivalent in Defence & Strategic Studies, Security/ War Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Defence & Diplomatic Studies, Pakistan Studies from HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Economics||Micro/Macroeconomics, Econometrics, International/ Public/ Monetary/ Labour/ Development Economics.||MA/MSc/ BS (4 years) degree in Economics or its equivalent from HEC recognized university. (M.A/M.Sc. in Agriculture Economics/ Business Economics & Home Economics are not eligible).|
|6.||History||Modern South Asian History||MA/MSc in History/Political Science/ International Relations/Sociology and Pakistan Studies or its equivalent and other relevant subjects of Social Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|7.||Pakistan Studies||All fields of Social Sciences relating to Pakistan.||MA/MSc/BS (4 years) degree or its equivalent in Pakistan Studies or any Social Science subject from HEC recognized university.|
|8.||Psychology||a) Educational/School Psychology;
b) Industrial/Organizational Psychology;
c) Developmental/Psychopathology/Mental Health.
|MA/MSc/BS (4 years) degree or its equivalent in Psychology/Applied Psychology/Behavioral Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|9.||Sociology||Sociology.||MSc, BS Hons only in Sociology from HEC recognized university.|
- The applicants must have to their credit:
- First Division in MA/MSc or in BA/BSc or at least 60% marks in BS (Hons) and all other 4-5 years Degrees;
- Shall not have obtained third division in BA/BSc or MA or MSc ;
- In case of 3rd division in FA/FSc the candidate should have obtained 1st division in both BA/BSc and MA/MSc, or at least 60% marks in BS (Hons) and all other 4-5 years Degrees;
- No Objection Certificate from the employer is required to be attached with the Admission Data Summary Sheet and routed through Proper Channel in case of in-service applicants.
- The following are not eligible for admission to the MPhil programme:
- Those who have been rusticated or expelled from any university or College for misconduct or use of unfair means in the examinations or any offence involving moral turpitude;
- Those who were admitted earlier to MPhil programme but later were declared to have been ceased to be students of the university;
- The applicants must provide an official certificate showing the percentage of marks obtained in MSc/BS Hons/4-5 years programme.
How to Apply:
- The candidates are advised to apply online and complete the Admission Data Summary Sheet. The Online Admission Data Summary Sheet can be downloaded from the OAU website (www.qau.edu.pk), along with a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. (Online Admission Facility will be available on 30-07-2019).
- The applicants are advised to deposit Rs.2115/- in any branch of Habib Bank Ltd. OR Rs.2100/- in any branch of Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad.
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the online downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with other requisite documents, otherwise, the application will not be entertained.
- Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus.
- One copy of the downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational testimonials i.e. Certificates and Degrees must be submitted directly to the Chairperson/Director of Department/Institute/School/Centre by hand/courier etc. latest by 09-08-2019 positively
- For further details, please visit QAU website
- The admission to MPhil programme shall be made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from previous academic record, University written subject test and interview.
- No separate call letters for test/interview will be issued.
- Only the test pass applicants will appear before the interview as per the schedule of the Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC) concerned.
- The lists of the pass applicants shall be displayed on the notice boards of the relevant Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC)
- Test sample papers are available on the QAU website
- Applicants appearing in the Entry Test must bring original CNIC for identification.
- If a test date is declared as a holiday or for any reason, the test will be conducted on the next working day.
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below:-
|S#||DISCIPLINES||DATE||DAY||TIME||VENUE AT QAU|
|1.||Psychology||19-08-2019||Monday||09:30 AM||National Institute of Psychology (NIP)|
|2.||Anthropology||19-08-2019||Monday||09:30 AM||Department of Anthropology|
|3.||Mathematics||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Department of Mathematics|
|4.||American Studies||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Area Study Centre (ASC)|
|5.||Asian Studies||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Taxila Institute of Asian Civilizations (TIAC)|
|6.||Pharmacy||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Department of Pharmacy|
|7.||Pakistan Studies||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||National Institute of Pakistan Studies (NIPS)|
|8.||Biochemistry||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Department of Biochemistry|
|9.||Environmental Sciences||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Department of Environmental Sciences|
|10.||Earth Sciences||19-08-2019||Monday||11:30 AM||Department of Earth Sciences|
|11.||Chemistry||20-08-2019||Tuesday||09:30 AM||Department of Chemistry|
|12.||Biotechnology||20-08-2019||Tuesday||09:30 AM||Department of Biotechnology|
|13.||History||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of History|
|14.||Animal Sciences||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Animal Sciences|
|15.||Statistics||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Statistics|
|16.||Electronics||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Electronics|
|17.||Economics||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||School of Economics|
|18.||Computer Science||20-08-2019||Tuesday||11:30 AM||Department of Computer Science|
|19.||Bioinformatics||21-08-2019||Wednesday||09:00 AM||National Centre for Bioinformatics (NCB)|
|20.||Plant Sciences||21-08-2019||Wednesday||09:00 AM||Department of Plant Sciences|
|21.||Physics||21-08-2019||Wednesday||09:30 AM||Department of Physics|
|22.||Microbiology||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||Department of Microbiology|
|23.||D.S.S.||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||Department of D.S.S.|
|24.||Sociology||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||Department of Sociology|
Dr. Shafiq Ur Rehman