Online Admission Facility will be available from 30-07-2019
Applications from Pakistani/Foreign Nationals are invited for admission to PhD Programme of the University in the following disciplines latest by 09-08-2019
Faculty of Biological Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Animal Sciences||Human Genetics, Parasitology, Molecular Biology, Animal Microbiology.||MPhil in any discipline of Zoology/Animal Sciences/ Biotechnology/Biochemistry (except Plant Sciences)/ from HEC recognized university. MBBS/DVM/Pharmacy Graduates are eligible.|
|2.||Biochemistry||Biochemistry/Molecular Biology/Molecular Genetics.||MPhil or equivalent in any field of Biochemical/ Biological/Medical/Pharmaceutical or related sciences.|
|3.||Biotechnology||(1) Molecular Virology/Human Infectious Diseases (2) Plant Cell Culture (3) Nano-biotechnology||MSc/ BS/BSc Hons (4 years) degree or its equivalent in any field of Biological Sciences/Agriculture from HEC recognized University, MBBS/DVM/Pharm-D are also eligible.|
|4.||Environmental Sciences||(1) Environmental Biology, Ecotoxicology, Environmental Health (2) Environmental Geochemistry, Hydrology, Environmental Geology, (3) Environmental Biotechnology, Molecular Plant Biology. (4) Environmental Remediation, Environmental Microbiology and Biodegradation. (5) Chemical Stress Ecology, Environmental Risk Analysis, Aquatic-Ecotoxicology. (6) Clean Energy Production Technologies, Environmental Nanotechnology, Wastewater Treatment. (7) Environmental Waste Management, Reuse and Recycling of Waste Materials, Remediation and Revitalization of abandoned Soils.||MPhil or equivalent in any field of Biological/ Chemical/Environmental Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Microbiology||Applied and Environmental Microbiology, Medical Microbiology, Veterinary Microbiology, Food Microbiology and Immunology.||MPhil or equivalent in Microbiology or any field of Biology/Medical/Veterinary and related sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Plant Sciences||Plant Biochemistry & Molecular Biology, Molecular Plant Pathology, Plant Systematics and Biodiversity, Plant Ecology & Conservation, Plant-Microbe Interaction, Plant Biology, Plant Proteomics.||MPhil or equivalent in any discipline of Biological Sciences/Botany/Horticulture from HEC recognized university.|
|7.||Pharmacy||(1)Pharmaceutics (2)Pharmacy Practice (3)Pharmacognosy (4)Pharmaceutical Chemistry (5)Pharmacology.||MPhil in relevant subject with basic degree in Pharmacy from HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Natural Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||Chemistry||Inorganic/ Analytical Chemistry: Organometallic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry, Organic/ Inorganic Materials, Bio-inorganic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry.
Organic Chemistry: Organic Synthesis, Natural Products, Reaction Mechanism, Heterocyclic Compounds, Photochemistry, Organic Polymers.
Physical Chemistry: Material Sciences, Surface and Solid State Chemistry, Molecular Spectroscopy, (Radiation Chemistry, Electro-Chemistry), Chemical Kinetics, Polymer Chemistry, Solution Chemistry, Nano Technology, Colloids and Surfactants.
|MPhil or equivalent in the relevant field of Chemistry from HEC recognized university.|
|2.||Earth Sciences||Geophysics, Geology and Earthquake Seismology, Hydrogeology||MPhil or equivalent in the related field of Geophysics/Geology/Earthquake Seismology / Hydrogeology from HEC recognized university.|
|3.||Computer Science||Human Information Interaction, Knowledge Engineering, Networking and Communication.||MPhil in Computer Science or computing-related discipline or MS (18 years) in Computer Science or computing-related discipline from HEC recognized university.|
|4.||Electronics||Wave Propagation and Scattering, Complex Media, High-Frequency Electromagnetics, Metamaterials, Information Theory, Communications and Signal Processing, Coding Theory, Image Processing, Embedded System, Microelectronics.||MPhil or equivalent in Electronics/ Physics/Information Technology/ Mathematics/ Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Computer Engineering from HEC recognized university.|
|5.||Mathematics||Relativity, Fluid Mechanics, Numerical Analysis, Astrophysics, Commutative Algebra, Wave-Motion, Fuzzy Algebraic Structures, Soft Sets and its applications, Functional Analysis.||MPhil or equivalent in Mathematics from HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Physics||Atomic and Molecular Physics, Semiconductor Physics, Plasma Physics, Magnetism and Nanomaterials, High-Tc Super Conductivity, Laser Physics, High Energy Physics and Cosmology, Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Quantum Optics/Quantum, Information Theory, Computational Physics.||MPhil or equivalent in Physics from HEC recognized university.|
|7.||Statistics||Survey Sampling, Mathematical Statistics, Linear Models, Applied Statistics, Geostatistics, Operations Research, Functional Data Analysis.||MPhil or equivalent in Statistics from HEC recognized university.|
Faculty of Social Sciences
|S #||Discipline||Area of Study||Requirement|
|1.||American Studies||American Studies||MPhil or equivalent in American Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Defence & Strategic Studies, History, Pakistan Studies, Mass Communication, English Literature, Anthropology, Sociology, Peace Studies & Economics from HEC recognized university.|
|2.||Economics||Micro/Macroeconomics, Econometrics, International/ Public/ Monetary/ Labour/ Development Economics.||MPhil or equivalent degree in Economics/ Economics & relevant field from HEC recognized university.|
|3.||History||South Asia, Pakistan Movement, Pakistan and Central Asia, Islamic History, History of Afghanistan.||MPhil or equivalent degree in History, Pakistan Studies, Political Science, International Relations, Sociology and (other relevant subjects of Social Sciences from HEC recognized university).|
|4.||International Relations||International Relations||MPhil or equivalent degree in International Relations, Political Science, DSS from HEC recognized university. Preference would be given to those who are engaged in teaching and research.|
|5.||Pakistan Studies||Pakistan Studies (All topics in Social Sciences relating to Pakistan)||MPhil or equivalent degree in any field of Social Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
|6.||Psychology||a) Educational/School Psychology;
|MPhil or equivalent degree in Psychology/ Behavioral Sciences from HEC recognized university.|
- The minimum CGPA for admission is 3.0 (out of 4.0 in the Semester System) or First Division (in the Annual System) in MPhil/MS/Equivalent degree from HEC recognized university.
- In case of in-service candidates, the applicants are required to submit NOC from the head of the institution at the time of submission of PhD admission form. Further, he/she is required to submit study leave notification(s) at least for three years (as a whole or year wise) at least for one year extendable to three years duly signed by the competent authority at the time of joining the Department, failing to submit the leave notification the admission of the student shall be cancelled. The Supervisor and Chairperson of the Department/ Institute/School/Centre will ensure the study leave and report to the AS&RB along with progress report.
- The candidates applying for admission are required to submit a copy of synopsis/research work. Admission will be given subject to the availability of the Supervisor in the field of research strictly according to HEC’s requirements.
- Course work of 18 credit hours preferably in the first year is required to be completed and followed by a comprehensive examination for granting candidacy as PhD researcher.
- Admission to PhD programme is made on a competitive basis. The minimum period for completion of the PhD Programme is three years whereas the maximum period is seven years.
- The applicants must provide an official certificate showing the percentage of marks obtained in MSc/BS Hons/4-5 years programme.
How to Apply:
- The candidates are advised to apply online and complete the Admission Data Summary Sheet. The Online Admission Data Summary Sheet can be downloaded from the OAU website (www.qau.edu.pk), along with a Challan of the Habib Bank Ltd. OR Askari Bank Ltd. (Online Admission Facility will be available on 30-07-2019).
- The applicants are advised to deposit Rs.2115/- in any branch of Habib Bank Ltd. OR Rs.2100/- in any branch of Askari Bank Ltd. in favour of the Treasurer, Quaid-i-Azam University, Islamabad
- The Bank Challan should be attached with the online downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet along with other requisite documents, otherwise, the application will not be entertained.
- Admission Forms are not available at QAU Campus
- One copy of the downloaded Admission Data Summary Sheet duly filled in and supported by the attested copies of educational testimonials i.e. Certificates and Degrees must be submitted directly to the Chairperson/ Director of Department/Institute/School/Centre by hand/courier 09-08-2019 positively;
- For further details, please visit QAU website
- The admission to PhD programme shall be made on the basis of cumulative merit to be determined from previous academic record, University written subject test and interview
- Only the test pass applicants who secured 70% marks will appear before the interview/presentation of research proposals as per the schedule of the Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC) concerned
- The lists of passed applicants shall be displayed on the notice boards of the relevant Department/ Institute/ School/ Centre (DISC);
- Applicants appearing in the Entry Test must bring original CNIC for identification
- If a test date is declared as a holiday or for any reason, the test will be conducted on the next working day;
- All applicants of PhD Physics are also required to appear in the written test as per schedule is given below in the Department of Physics; however, the candidates having a score in GRE (Physics) > 45% percentile would be exempted from Department test in Physics.
- Applicants seeking admission in the following subjects are required to appear in the Entry Test on the date, time and venue mentioned below.
|S.#||DISCIPLINES||DATE||DAY||TIME||VENUE AT QAU|
|1.||Plant Sciences||19-08-2019||Monday||09:00 AM||Department of Plant Sciences|
|2.||Chemistry||19-08-2019||Monday||09:30 AM||Department of Chemistry|
|3.||Environmental Sciences||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Department of Environmental Sciences|
|4.||Pharmacy||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Department of Pharmacy|
|5.||American Studies||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||Area Study Centre (ASC)|
|6.||Pakistan Studies||19-08-2019||Monday||10:00 AM||National Institute of Pakistan Studies (NIPS)|
|7.||Biotechnology||20-08-2019||Tuesday||09:30 AM||Department of Biotechnology|
|8.||Statistics||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Statistics|
|9.||Computer Science||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Computer Science|
|10.||Biochemistry||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Biochemistry|
|11.||Electronics||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Electronics|
|12.||Economics||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||School of Economics|
|13.||Microbiology||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Microbiology|
|14.||Earth Sciences||20-08-2019||Tuesday||10:00 AM||Department of Earth Sciences|
|15.||International Relations||20-08-2019||Tuesday||11:00 AM||School of Politics & International Relations|
|16.||Physics||21-08-2019||Wednesday||09:30 AM||Department of Physics|
|17.||History||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||Department of History|
|18.||Mathematics||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||Department of Mathematics|
|19.||Animal Sciences||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||Department of Animal Sciences|
|20.||Psychology||21-08-2019||Wednesday||10:00 AM||National Institute of Psychology (NIP)|
Dr Shafiq Ur Rehman
[button color=”green” size=”medium” link=”http://qau.edu.pk/eligibilty-phd-programme/” target=”blank” ]Click Here[/button]
[button color=”pink” size=”medium” link=”http://qau.edu.pk/conversion-phd-programme/” target=”blank” ]Click Here[/button]
[button color=”purple ” size=”medium” link=”http://qau.edu.pk/re-admission-phd-programme/” target=”blank” ]Click Here[/button]
[button color=”blue” size=”medium” link=”http://qau.edu.pk/procedure-phd-programme/” target=”blank” ]Click Here[/button]
[button color=”orange” size=”medium” link=”http://qau.edu.pk/phd-fee-structure/” target=”blank” ]Click Here[/button]