Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program
Join Our Social Networks:
Facebook PageFacebook GroupTwitter AccountLinkedin AccountWhatsapp Group
- Host Country: China, Japan, Hong Kong
- Host Institute: Hitotsubashi University, Kyoto University, Peking University, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Waseda University
- Department / Field: All Subjects
- Course Level: Masters, Undergraduate
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: Asian Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: Not Given
- The Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP) support up to 100 scholarships each year to high-caliber students from Asia to study away from their home country or region at leading East Asian universities.
- In its mission to create intercultural opportunities for the next generation of leaders, the AFLSP partners with 6 universities in five cities, where scholars are welcome to pursue their choice of an undergraduate, master’s degree or exchange program (program offerings vary by university).
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- The scholarship offers each student up to US$25,000 per year or a total of US$50,000 per scholar, which may be used towards university tuition, housing, and personal living expenses.
- Asian students interested in pursuing a full-time degree program at our Partner Universities are eligible for the Asian Future Leaders Scholarship Program (AFLSP). Each Partner University operates its own independent selection process for the AFLSP. Interested students may review each university’s program offerings here and contact the university’s relevant office or program administrator directly to express their interest and/or apply for admission. The AFLSP offers successful candidates up to US$25,000 per year or a maximum of US$50,000.
Following are the application stages:
Eligible applicants are required to submit a completed AFLSP application form, which includes a three-minute video, together with other application materials to the university directly according to the university’s admissions timeline.
- Please click here to learn more about eligibility and selection criteria of the AFLSP.
- Please note that each Partner University’s selection criteria, eligibility, and selection timeline may vary. Click here or visit each university’s official website for more information.
Nomination by Partner Universities:
- After reviewing the application materials, Partner Universities compile a shortlist of recommended candidates and submit the following to BXAI:
- Each shortlisted candidate’s AFLSP application form, including their three-minute video;
- A recommendation letter for each candidate written in English and issued by the relevant institution on official letterhead; and
- Each candidate’s transcripts
Screening by BXAI:
- Upon receiving the nominations from Partner Universities, the BXAI team, along with BXAI’s Academic Committee, reviews each recommended candidate based on his/her application materials.
Interviews by BXAI:
- Selected candidates are invited to interview with BXAI’s Selection Panel, which is composed of members of BXAI’s Board of Governors, Executive Committee, and Communication and Development Committee.
- Please note that not all candidates are selected to interview with BXAI’s Selection Panel, and that not being invited to interview does not indicate a candidate’s rejection from the program.
Release of Selection Results:
- Final selection results are announced by the Partner Universities. Successful applicants are required to sign a student commitment letter and complete the online scholarship acceptance form by a designated deadline.