EPFL Excellence Fellowships, Switzerland
Join Our Social Networks:
Facebook PageFacebook GroupTwitter AccountLinkedin AccountWhatsapp Group
- Host Country: Switzerland
- Host Institute: École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne
- Department / Field: Eligible Master’s Programme offered at University
- Course Level: Masters
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: International Students
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: 15th April (Annual).
- EPFL Excellence Fellowships, Switzerland is open for International Students . The scholarship allows Masters level programm(s) in the field of Eligible Master’s Programme offered at University taught at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne . The deadline of the scholarship is 15th April (Annual).
- EPFL offers a limited number of fellowships at the master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Anyone applying to an EPFL master’s program is eligible. The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates. The fellowship committee, comprising members of the EPFL sections, a representative of the Vice-Presidency for Education, and representatives from other school services, select the candidates. The selection process is very competitive, only about 3% of the master’s students receive such financial support.
- Some fellowships are funded by EPFL directly while others are funded through partnerships with foundations or private companies. These guidelines aim at providing all necessary details for EPFL excellence fellowship holders to prepare for their master’s and to meet performance expectations. The Student Affairs (SAE), located in the BP building, manages the fellowships. For any queries or clarification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- EPFL Excellence Fellowships, Switzerland is available to undertake Masters level programs at École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne.
- Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- International Students are eligible to apply.
- CHF 8’000 per semester (CHF 32’000 for a2-year degree – 120 credits / CHF 24’000 fora 1.5-year degree – 90 credits)
- Reservation of accommodation (student room in a student residence)
- Fellowship holders will be responsible to cover all expenses on their own (i.e. accommodation, tuition fees, etc.).
- The fellowship will be paid for no more than 4 semesters even in case the student decides to take a minor or for any other reason, that might extend the duration of his/her studies and provided that he/she is still registered.
- Anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s Program is eligible for the scholarship. Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs.
- The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates.
- Candidates should apply via the same online form then their application to a master’s program by April 15 or December 15.
- Please note that it is necessary to tick a box indicating that the candidate’s profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
- There is no other way to apply for an excellence fellowship.
Internal Application: (After EPFL Bachelor’s Degree)
- Sections might contact students to ask if they want to submit an application for an excellence fellowship. Students can also submit an application to their section by April 30.
The application should contain:
- a CV
- a motivation letter
- a transcript of all grades earned at EPFL
- a recommendation letter from the sections’ director Students who are planning to switch to another section/program needs a recommendation letter from the director of the section they came from and must also contact the deputy of their future section to introduce themselves. The deputy of their future section will then submit the application to the excellence fellowships committee