Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships For International Students
Join Our Social Networks:
Facebook PageFacebook GroupTwitter AccountLinkedin AccountWhatsapp Group
- Host Country: Slovekia
- Host Institute: Slovekia Universities
- Department / Field: All Subjects
- Course Level: Bachelor, Masters
- Scholarships Language: English
- Awards / Benefits: Fully Funded
- Number of Scholarships: Check Details
- Eligible Nationalities: Selected Countries eligible countries only as specified under scholarship
- Eligibility Criteria: Check Detail
- Documents Required: Check Detail
- Application Mode: Online
- Application Deadline: Check Details
- Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships for International Students is open for Selected Countries eligible countries only as specified under scholarship. The scholarship allows Bachelor, Masters level programm(s) in the field of All Subjects taught at Slovekia Universities . The deadline of the scholarship is Open.
- The Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic offers bilateral scholarship to foreign nationals for the academic year 2021/2022, based on bilateral agreements (between the governments/ministries).
- Slovak Republic Bilateral Scholarships for International Students is available to undertake Bachelor, Masters level programs at Slovekia Universities.
Following subject are available to study under this scholarship program.
- For students (bachelor/master level): 280 € per month.
- For PhD students: 330 € per month.
- For university teachers or researchers: 550 € per month.
- Belarus, Belgium-French Community/ Walloon region, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Czech Republic, Egypt, Finland, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Israel, Kazakhstan, Macedonia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russian Federation, Slovenia, Serbia, Ukraine.
- Scholarships are awarded to applicants nominated by the competent authorities of eligible countries. National authorities are either education ministries or/and respective agencies designated by the ministries in the home country. Applications sent by individual applicants directly to the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic will not be processed.
The application form shall be filled in Slovak (alternatively Czech) language or in English. Supporting documents as listed and requested at the end of the application form shall be provided in one of those languages only.
The nominated candidate shall propose 2 scholarship periods in the application form (one preferred, and one alternative);
Following documents should be attached to the application:
- structured curriculum vitae,
- motivation letter (stating the personal and professional motivation of the applicant for the stay in Slovakia),
- detailed study, teaching or research programme proposal,
- invitation letter or letter of acceptance from the host institution (if applicable)
- the copy of the passport in case of students from third countries
- students (bachelor/master level): 2 recommendations from university teachers of the university that issued the transcript of study records,
- PhD students: 1 recommendation from the PhD thesis supervisor,
- University teachers and researchers: 1 recommendation from the home institution (head of department, leader of the research group etc.)
- in case of students (bachelor/master level): transcript of study records for up to now study at the home institution,
- in case of PhD students, university teachers and researchers: list of own publications related to the research programme of the stay,
- Photo in size 3,5 cm x 4 cm (passport style photo) attached to each the original and the copy of the application form
- The communication language at Slovak institutions is Slovak (alternatively Czech) or English. In case the applicant does not command Slovak (Czech) language on the satisfactory level, it is necessary to state the level of English in the application (and if possible to provide also official confirmation of language skills/certificate). Only if the invitation letter/letter of acceptance from the Slovak host institution states a communication language other than Slovak or English, the stay can be organised in that respective language (in such case it is necessary to state the level of the respective communication language in the application form, and if possible to provide also official confirmation of language skills/certificate).
- The application form has to be signed by the applicant in person and the applicant must agree with personal data processing in all cases, otherwise the application cannot be accepted and processed.
Application form is attached to this call and can be downloaded from
Printed and signed version of this application form is still essential. Please, print filled in form, sign it and send 1 original and 1 copy together with all the supporting documentation requested in the application form to your national authority.
Deadline for applications
The competent authorities of eligible countries are responsible for the selection process of nominees. The nomination letter (including the list of nominees) must be delivered to the Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic at the latest on 1 April 2021, if not specified otherwise. Specification is indicated in the table of quotas enclosed to this call.
Postal address: Ministry of Education, Science, Research and Sport of the Slovak Republic, Stromová 1, 813 30 Bratislava, Slovak Republic.
- The nominating authority will be informed about the final decision of the Ministry by 30 June 2021.
- The Ministry reserves the right to make a final decision on applications.