( Chapters )
(a) Fill in the blanks 7×1=07
- The process of formation of ions is called …………… .
- Rutherford bombarded the gold foil with …………… .
- The size of atoms …………… in the periods.
- The ionic Compounds always have …………… physical state.
- The relation between density and temperature is …………… .
- In dissolution process, a general rule of solubility is that …………… dissolves like.
- Reduction is the process with involves …………… of electrons.
(b) Choose the correct answer. 6×1=06
- i) The value of a.m.u in grams is
(a) 1.6 x 1023 (b) 1.6 x 1027
(c) 1.6 x 10-23 (d) 1.6 x 10-24
- ii) Neil Bohar mainly concenterated upon.
(a) nucleus of atoms (b) behavior of electron
(c) protons (d) neutrons
iii) The metals have characters.
(a) solid (b) lustrous (c) conductor (d) all of above.
- iv) The different forms of an element are called.
(a) isotopes (b) free radicals (c) molecules (d) allotropes.
- v) The heterogeneous mixtures where the particle size of solution is larger than 1000 nm is called.
(a) solution (b) colloids (c) buffers (d) emulsion.
- vi) Steel is the alloy of.
(a) iron and mercury (b) mercury and copper
(c) iron and copper (d) iron, chromium and nickel.
Q2: Answer the following questions in short (only 10) 2 x 10 = 20
- i) How will you differentiate between the atomic mass numbers and the relative atomic mass. OR what is meant by a.m.u?
- ii) How Avogadro’s Number and the mole are related with each other. OR distinguish between ion and the free radical.
iii) How neutrons discover. OR what do you know about shells of atoms.
- iv) Can you explain why in the cathode ray tube pressure is reduce. OR What is the role of electronic configuration in determining the chemical properties of an element.
- v) What are Alkali Metals. OR Discuss importance of noble gasses.
- vi) Define Periodicity of elements in modern periodic table OR what is ionization energy.
vii) How many types of covalent bond are? OR what is chemical bond?
viii) Is hydrogen bonding is a true type of intromolecular attractions. OR what is meant by polarity of a covalent bond?Compare diffusion and effusion process. Or explain the term pressure of gasses.
- ix) According to their shape what types of solids are found in nature. OR differentiate between rates of diffusion among gasses and liquids.
- x) What is meant by molarity. OR what types of solutions can form?
- xi) Explain the term suspension. OR what are colloids?
xii) What is electrolysis. OR what is electroplating?
xiii) Differentiate between oxidation number and valency. OR what are oxidizing and reducing agents?
xiv) What is electronegativity? OR differentiate soft and hard metals.
Note:- Attempt any three Questions (10 x 3 = 30)
(a) Why the science is divided into various branches.
(b) Discuss use of isotopes in medical science.
(a) Discuss the importance of groups and periods in modern periodic table.
(b) Write a note on characteristics of ionic compounds.
(a) Compare the different physical states of matter with regards to their typical characteristics.
(b) Find out the amount of glucose required to prepare its 0.5M solution in 500ml of water.
(a) What is the electrochemical cell. Discuss the different types of electrochemical cell.
(b) Complete and balance the following chemical reactions.